Cryptogolds VPN Recommendations
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a cloaking device that allows you to use your computer to access websites and data that might be blocked in your current location. For private web-browsing, streaming services and bitcoin casinos this can be advantageous to ensure you are untraceable.
There are hundreds of VPN providers out there for you to choose from, so finding the best VPN for you might seem a little difficult. That’s why we’ve put together a VPN test that has been used to allow you to sit back and choose from our own recommendations.
There is plenty to admire about IPVanish, with our VPN test highlighting the fact that is has a vast number of servers (more than 850 servers in over 60 countries), really fast speeds, solid encryption, kill switch and LAN blocking features, and a pretty affordable price for a VPN service of this quality. Add to that the free, user friendly VPN apps on a variety of platforms and you’ve got yourself one of the best VPN on the market.
- A vast number of servers – 850+ VPN servers in more than 60 countries
- Shared dynamic IPs to increase privacy – more than 40,000 shared IP addresses
- Easy-to-use VPN apps for multiple platforms – Windows, Mac, iOS & Android
- Top Tier VPN Network
- Flexible Payment Plans
- Unlimited bandwidth and unrestricted traffic P2P
- Connect VPN on up to 5-devices
- Great customer support – 24-hours per day
- Strict prohibition of traffic and connection logs
- Customer support may be 24/7 but it does work on a ticket-based system
- Kill switch feature only available on desktop
- Linux, Windows Phone and NVIDIA Shield have Manual configurations only
- No free trial option for new VPN service users
What IPVanish achieves better than other VPN services is that it offers a simple, clean website platform that is easy to use. The service allows practical use on a daily basis, giving users the chance to browse the Internet without being traced, to work around location-based blocks with ease and ensure that any connection is secure.
IPVanish also offers flexible payment plans, with a choice of billing periods, and also a short-term subscription offer that is a little more expensive but provides a monthly service to those that desire it. This VPN service is renowned in the industry due to its simplification of the method, with the multi-platform apps allowing for really simple use on a daily basis. IPVanish is definitely one of the best VPN you can choose from.
PIA (Private Internet Access) is a VPN that offers users high levels of privacy and security for an affordable price. For a top level VPN service it ticks a lot of boxes, with multiple servers located around the world, low prices and a robust encryption process that offers flexibility of choice to users.
- One of the cheaper VPN services at this level of quality
- High levels of security and privacy
- Variety of encryption options to choose from
- High connection speeds to aid with consistent streaming levels
- Large number of servers from around the world – in over 25 countries
- Accepts Cryptocurrency as payment (Including Bitcoin)
- Features include; no logs, kill switch, auto-connect and DNS leak protection
- Potentially long waiting times for customer support, even for simple queries
- Amateurs and first time VPN users may struggle to comprehend system without quick and easy support system to lean on
- Mac and iOS software substandard when compared to other VPN services
- Fails to unblock US Netflix
- Some reliability issues for VPN speed depending on choice of server and occasional kill switch fail
In a highly competitive VPN marketplace PIA is no longer hitting the heights that it once did, but the main points still stand as an alternative to higher priced VPN services. What seems to be true of PIA is that the service itself offers everything that a user is looking for. It has high VPN speeds, offers high quality levels of security, encryption and privacy and a wide choice of servers from around the world. The bargain price can therefore only relate to one area that seems to let down the service as a whole – the customer service support.
The long waiting times and confusing literature (for novices at least) could deter some users, but PIA is still a top rate VPN service for those looking for a thorough VPN service at an affordable price.
Express VPN claims to be ‘the fastest VPN on Earth’ and upon further testing it really does stand up to scrutiny. With Express VPN, users will encounter a simple interface, a process that has been refined to be easy to use for all levels of experience and with a 30-day back money guarantee and a range of features, it is one of the best VPN services on the marketplace today.
Express VPN Pros:
- The best VPN for Mac with easy-to-use dedicated Mac app
- 1,500 servers in over 95 countries
- 30-day money back guarantee – compared with industry standard 7-days
- Highest levels of VPN speed on the market
- Up to 3 simultaneous devices
- Network lock feature that stops Internet access when VPN drops
- Simple to use interface and system for all levels of experience
- One of the few VPN services that unblocks Netflix
- Great customer service – 15 second response time on average
Express VPN Cons:
- Higher band of pricing within industry
- Strict encryption options to allow for novice users
- Manual disconnection of old connections only
- Occasional drop in connection when using multiple programmes at one time
- Lack of configuration options for more seasoned VPN users
With great design and simplicity of use for all levels of experience, Express VPN is a serious hitter as one of the best VPN services in the industry. It has strong levels of security, high levels of consistency and performance and brilliant customer service standard (with an incredibly fast reply rate to customer queries).
For those users who are looking for simplicity of use, easy-on-the-eye apps and website platforms, simple configuration set-up and don’t mind paying that little bit extra for such a smooth service, Express VPN is the fastest VPN on the market, and one of the easiest to use.